Over the years we have had a number of Olympic gold medalists take part in the K2. These have included Sarah Ulmer and more recently Mahe Drysdale.
Olympic athletes set themselves long term goals and achieve amazing outcomes. Just imagine aiming to be the very best in the World at your particular sport and then winning the Olympic Gold, what an incredible achievement. The uncompromising focus and commitment to achieve this must be immense.
For many of us our sporting goals are probably limited to the year ahead and it’s difficult to extend our thinking much beyond that. We have put our thinking caps on and come up with a 4 year challenge for the K2.
Some people would say (those that have) that you haven’t really completed the K2 unless you have experienced all four starts, which are all very different races. So we have come up with the following challenge:
1. K2 Olympian - Sign up and commit now to complete the next 4 K2’s.
2. K2 – Super Olympian – Sign up now and commit to completing the next 3 K2’s and then completing the K4 in 2018.
The financial commitment would be as follows:
1. Sign up now for the price of three K2’s (at current K2 prices) and get the 4th K2/K4 free
2. No refunds or transfers available ( to help you with your commitment) !
3. Group entries are available (i.e. – group of 5 for the price of 4)
The Training Commitment would be considerable
The benefits would be as follows:
1. A K2 Olympian medal after successful completion of all 4 starts
2. You would be super cycling fit at the end of 4 years
3. You would be one of a small group that has completed all 4 K2’s, 4 years in a row.
4. With the new limited entry numbers you would ensure yourself entry into the K2 for the next 4 years.
So if you are up for this challenge you can enter now through our online entry system – K2 Olympian.
If you have already entered next years K2 and want to upgrade – email us and we will make it happen.